Monday, December 26, 2016

"Control the Future" scene 14 and 15 free stage play script

"CONTROL THE FUTURE"
by D. M. Larson
Buy the book on Amazon.com 
ISBN-13: 978-1540666581
or

purchase a low cost PDF from Sellfy.com




SCENE 14


(NURSE exits. JONES and BAKER approach PENELOPE)


BAKER
Hi… I’m uh… Dr. Baker. And this here is nurse Jones.


JONES
I can be a doctor too.


BAKER
Sure, just keep telling yourself that, Nurse.


PENELOPE
Can you two come over here?… closer… I want to get a QuickPic… do doctory things… and nursey things.


(They pose with her)


JONES
So you’re last name is Ashton?


PENELOPE
Penelope Ashton… that’s me.  Or as I’m know online as AshPen!  I’m kind of famous.


BAKER
Totally… we feel honored to have you in our hospital.


(BAKER gives a thumbs up)


PENELOPE
Can you do that again?  I’ll do an InstaVid…


BAKER
We feel honored to have you in our hospital.


(BAKER and JONES do thumbs up with her)


PENELOPE
Sweet.


JONES
Are you related to a Zack Ashton?


PENELOPE
Uh… yes.


JONES
Something wrong?


PENELOPE
Zack is my creepy little brother.


BAKER
Creepy?


PENELOPE
He’s like this horror movie and comic junkie. Loves Zombies and icky stuff like that. What a loser.


JONES
Horror and zombies… that sounds him.


PENELOPE
You know him? He seems to know everyone. He gets around. He’s a really smart kid. He has so much potential but he’s wasting it on his horror obsession. I want to help him though… I kind of feel bad for him. But I don’t know if he would take my help.


(ASH enters. He is a young version of ASHTON. Ideally the actors should look alike and can have distintive thing such as the same glasses to make them match. Or if ASHTON plays child self then have a funny way of showing he is a child to drive the point home he is younger)


ASH
Penelope! What happened to you?


PENELOPE
I am a Black Friday casualty. There was a terrible fight at the mall… one of the best sales I’ve ever seen and one of the worst fights in return.


ASH
It’s the phones… they made it easier to find the sales, but it also created more fights. People are obsessed. They can’t put the phones down long enough to see what’s going on around them.


PENELOPE
I’m not giving up my phone, Zach.


ASH
I’m not saying that. I’m saying it’s an amazing opportunity. We need to use the power of the phone. The phone is making you famous. Your pics and vids from today are everywhere. You have everyone talking. We have to capitalize on this. Let me help you.


PENELOPE
This is the most excited I’ve seen you about anything… you know what?  Let’s do it… anything to help my little brother realize his potential.


(ASH and PENELOPE pantomime a conversation in the background as BAKER and JONES step downstage and discuss the following)


BAKER
I’m still not seeing how you’re emergency kit influenced any of this?


JONES
Maybe it didn’t.  


BAKER
Or maybe we missed something.


JONES
We can’t jump back over our own timeline though.


BAKER
I’ll listen to you on the Time Code stuff this time.


JONES
So maybe we can go back to a critical time in his life… it sounds like his love of horror movies and comics might be a key influence.


BAKER
Just because somebody watches horror movies and reads comics doesn’t mean they’ll turn into an evil genius and take over the world.


JONES
Or does it?


(ASH goes up to them)


ASH
You guys look familiar.  Hey!  You’re the creepy guys from the comic book store!  


(PENELOPE gets worried and pushes emergency call button)


BAKER
So you’ve met us before?


ASH
You guys are crazy… I don’t think they’re doctors, sis.


BAKER
Nope, he’s a nurse.


JONES
Are you sure it was us?  When was this?


ASH
It was like a year ago, when I started collecting The Walking Dread comics.  I was looking everywhere for the first issue and you guys were at one of the stores.


BAKER
Walking Dread issue #1.  I ‘ve got the date.


(NURSE enters and calls security because she has no clue who they are)


NURSE
Who are you?


BAKER
I’m Doctor Smith and this is Nurse Jones.


NURSE
Where are your badges?!


BAKER
We don’t need to stinkin’ badges.


NURSE
I’m calling security.


JONES
We better go.


(JONES and BAKER exit.  NURSE follows)


PENELOPE
That was so weird.


ASH
I have a funny feeling about those two.


PENELOPE
Who do you think they are?


ASH
I don’t know but I have a feeling this won’t be the last time I see them.


END OF SCENE


SCENE 15

“Signs of the Times”

SCENE NOW


or


AND CAST OF CHARACTERS
Buy the book on Amazon.com 
ISBN-13: 978-1540666581
or

purchase a low cost PDF from Sellfy.com



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.