Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Words for Peace new poem by D. M. Larson

I decided to share something a little different than my usual script writing. Here is some poetry. Read! Enjoy! Discuss!

***

WORDS FOR PEACE
a poem
by D. M. Larson

Words are precious nourishment for my soul
Conserving wise words, which will make me whole
An internal fortress keeps me alive
In silent sanctuary, I survive

Survive the hidden anguish of harsh words
Under siege by slander I often heard
Angry words echo, driving me insane
Leaving me in agony from the pain

Pain haunting the recesses of my soul
A hazardous quest transforming me whole  
And quench my craving for affirmation
Apparitions of imagination

Imagination will help reassure     
Hoping companions will help me endure
I covet kind words that provide release
Restoring a most precious inner peace

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.