Wednesday, July 12, 2017

"Losers in Love" Part 4 funny scene for three actors

LOSERS IN LOVE
PART 4


(MARIANNE tries cleaning up but it’s hard since she can’t see well. JENNY goes to help)


JENNY
Are you okay?  Here, let me help.


MARIANNE
I’m so sorry. I made a mess of everything.


JENNY
This will be easy to clean up.


MARIANNE
Not just this… Randy too.


JENNY
Randy? Wait. You like Randy?


MARIANNE
He sounds so nice… and he makes me laugh.


JENNY
He is funny in his own way.  I guess we all laugh a lot more when he is around.


MARIANNE
I keep hoping he’ll notice me… like he does the other girls who come in here.  But he never says anything. Am I ugly or something?


JENNY
No, not at all. Randy just tends to go for the girls who are… flashy… trashy… slutty… he goes for the show-offs. The girls who try too hard for attention.


MARIANNE
So I’m not his type?


JENNY
I think you’re exactly his type. He just doesn’t know it yet. He’s needs a nice girl in his life. Someone who likes him for who he is.


MARIANNE
But how do I… how can I… Oh, forget it. He was really mean to me just now. I don’t think I want to talk to him anymore.


JENNY
You should really give him another chance. I love to see you two get together. You’re both always here and both always alone. Now, you can be alone together.


MARIANNE
He’s not interested in a girl like me.  I’m not flashy enough.


JENNY
I could help you out a little.  I could help with your hair and clothes....


MARIANNE
No, forget it. I don’t want to be something I’m not. I’m not one of those kind of girls. I’m not desperate. I’m not after attention. He either likes me the way I am or I don’t want him.


JENNY
I can talk to him for you.


MARIANNE
No, either it happens naturally or it doesn’t happen at all.  And it isn’t going to happen anyway without an apology.  So forget it.


(MARIANNE sits sadly.  JENNY finds RANDY and whispers to him. RANDY gestures and JENNY grabs him by the ear and talks meanly into it.  RANDY nods and sheepishly goes over to MARIANNE)


RANDY
I'm sorry.


MARIANNE
You're a jerk.


RANDY
I know… I'm sorry.


MARIANNE
Don't be sorry unless you mean it.


RANDY
I do.


MARIANNE
Do you? I don't think so. Sorry doesn't cut it. Sorry is like a reboot of a computer or refresh of the browser. Sorry is like bumping into someone with your shopping cart at the grocery store.
Sorry is dropping someone’s ice cream cone.  This is way worse than sorry.


RANDY
I'm sorry.


(MARIANNE roars in frustration)


MARIANNE
Why am I even talking to you?


RANDY
Because you like me?


MARIANNE
What? No! Who told you that?


RANDY
My friend said you like me and I didn't notice and I hurt your feelings


MARIANNE
Yea,h right. Your friend doesn't know what she’s talking about.


RANDY
That’s nice that you like me.


MARIANNE
I didn’t tell you I did!


RANDY
Why not?


MARIANNE
Because… I didn’t think you like me.


RANDY
I like you.


MARIANNE
You do?


RANDY
Sure.


MARIANNE
Sure? That’s it… Sure?


RANDY
Um… I’m pretty sure.


MARIANNE
I’ve been downgraded to pretty sure.


RANDY
I would say pretty is an upgrade.


MARIANNE
Huh?


RANDY
Saying you’re pretty… that’s an upgrade.


MARIANNE
You think I’m pretty?


RANDY
Very pretty.


MARIANNE
Really? Gosh… I mean… I… I have to go.


(RANDY goes to JENNY to get coffee. MARIANNE sneaks out while he is ordering coffee)


RANDY
Wait. You can stay. I can get you some coffee. You like coffee?  Of course you like coffee. You’re always in this place having coffee. I’ll get you some more coffee.  Jenny, get the pretty lady another of her favorites… on me.


(RANDY turns and sees MARIANNE is gone)


JENNY
She’s gone.


RANDY
Oh no. What happened?


JENNY
I’m really not sure.


RANDY
I have a talent for making women run away.


JENNY
She really likes you though. I can tell.


RANDY
She likes me so much she runs away?


JENNY
Women are complicated.


RANDY
Tell me about it.


END OF SCENE

BACK TO MAIN MENU FOR "LOSERS IN LOVE"

Important Copyright Notice

These scripts may be used for FREE but PLEASE do NOT repost the TEXT of any script online in any way. Students, actors, teachers and student may use the scripts for acting or classroom activities and even videos, but do NOT repost them on the internet. Please link to the scripts on the website. We love that! But these scripts are published and protected by copyright (c) 2001-2017 so do not upload the entire text of a script. Performing the scripts for an audience or on a video is totally okay. Just be sure to credit the author and our website (Freedrama.net). Thank you! 




***


***
LOSERS IN LOVE
By D. M. Larson

Copyright © 2016
All Rights Reserved

For permission to use this script, contact doug@freedrama.net


*Please do not repost the text of this play online in any way.*

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.