Thursday, July 13, 2017

"Worse Off" acting monologue solo actor script fan fiction Doctor Who Companion


This is a Doctor Who inspired monologue about a companion who went on an adventure with the Doctor, but is worried they were left behind.


"WORSE OFF"
monologue
by D. M. Larson

Copyright (c) 2017 All Rights Reserved



***

Why did you leave me here?! I didn’t ask for this. You drag me on some adventure and then drop me off with no clue how to get back. That’s just great. Wonderful! I’m so glad I was spontaneous and rushed off for something exciting and mysterious.

How could I be so stupid?! I didn’t even know you that well. Sure, you were cute… and fun. And made me laugh. But I didn’t really know anything about you. You offered me something I never had before though… freedom. I was trapped in my life. I didn’t think there was ever a way out.

It’s strange how easily we get trapped in our lives. You get things you want, but then you become a slave to those things, having to make payments, having to keep them repaired, and then paying more money to fix or replace them. Nothing is ever paid for. Or on those rare occasions where you do pay something off, then it breaks soon after, or some new flashy model comes along that you have to have.

I guess that’s what you were. You were some flashy new model that got my attention and offered me something better. But that’s all you were… flash. Flash and no substance. You gave up on me like everyone else. Gave up and left me here… alone… worse off than when I started.

Am I worse off though? You did show me some amazing things that I’d never seen. I did feel more alive than I ever felt before. My old life left me feeling dead. But you made me live… and live well… even if it was for a little while.


There you are! Where have you been?! I thought you left me. This? I was just making a recording… it doesn’t matter. What matters is you and me and today. Where are we going next?

END OF MONOLOGUE


***

Buy a low cost PDF of this monologue
at https://sellfy.com/p/ejYf/

This monologue is from the play
“Blondes Prefer Gentlemen”
ISBN-13: 978-1985331877
Book:
Low cost PDF of full script:

https://sellfy.com/p/cCgy/ 

Or you can purchase the scene for this monologue (called "Professor What" - a Doctor Who satire) at https://sellfy.com/p/UHvQ/

Also find this monologue published in the book "Me in Pieces" available on Amazon.com ISBN-13: 978-1981312054 



***





***

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.