Thursday, September 28, 2017

"You Look Amazing" scene for 2 actors 1 male 1 female

"You Look Amazing" by D. M. Larson

scene for 2 actors (1 male 1 female)

Featured Scene from "Big Nose (A Modern Cyrano)"

(Lights come up the curtain. ROXY enters in a Shakespearean type dress. CYRIL sees her and approaches [CYRIL has an unusually large nose]) 

CYRIL
Roxy… you look amazing. 

ROXY
Oh, this old thing? 

CYRIL
You ready? 

ROXY
I’m really nervous. I’ve acted before but not with so little time to prepare. 

CYRIL
You’ll do great. 

ROXY
And I’m very tired. Someone kept me up all night. 

CYRIL
Not too loud. Someone might get the wrong idea. 

ROXY
You’re great to talk to. I’ve never opened up like that to anyone before. 

CYRIL
I really enjoyed talking with you too. We must be kindred spirits or something. 

ROXY
So many guys are creeps. They clearly could care less about what I have to say. Especially that creepy actor running this show. You know what he did? That’s probably why I’m so nervous. 

CYRIL
What did he do? 

ROXY
He walked in on me while I was getting dressed. 

CYRIL
I’m going to kill him. 

ROXY
I think I’ll bite his ear off instead of kiss him at the end. 

CYRIL
Please do. 

ROXY
Or at least push him down the ladder. 

CYRIL
I can’t believe this guy. You can quit right now. I’ll talk to Kelly. You shouldn’t have to go through with this. 

ROXY
It’s okay. I’ll do it. I want to help Kelly. 

CYRIL
But after the show… 

ROXY
He’s all yours. 

CYRIL
Your honor will be avenged my lady. 

(CYRIL bows and kisses her hand) 

ROXY
You know what? Can I tell you something? 

CYRIL
Sure. 

ROXY
It’s embarrassing. 

CYRIL
Even better. 

ROXY
I hope you won’t be offended. 

CYRIL
I have a thick skin. 

ROXY
I think you have an amazing nose. 

CYRIL
What? 

ROXY
I know it’s… unique. But I think it’s amazing. So many guys have such boring faces, but you… you’re a work of art. 

CYRIL
Modern art. 

ROXY
Wonderful classic art. One of a kind. 

CYRIL
I am an original. 

ROXY
I just wanted you to know, I think your nose is really cool. I like you and your nose. 

CYRIL
We both thank you. 

ROXY
Looks like it is time for my big scene. 

CYRIL
Thanks, Roxy. What you said means a lot to me. 

ROXY
And you mean a lot to me too. You’re one of the best people I’ve ever met. 

(ROXY exits. CYRIL does a happy dance) 

CYRIL
I think this might be the best day of my life. 

(CYRIL exits) 

END OF SCENE 





Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.