Wednesday, June 13, 2018

PIECES OF MY HEART scene for 3 actors (2 females 1 male)

PIECES OF MY HEART
Scene for 3 actors (2 f, 1m)


(DOTTY enters and sees following)


HARVEY: Aren’t you the sister of Gretta Griffin, the famous actress?


GABBY: Yes.


HARVEY: You must be the younger, prettier sister.


GABBY: If I was any younger I’d be illegal.


HARVEY: So cute. Interested in acting?


GABBY: My sister is going to help me out, introduce me around.


HARVEY: Come with me, my dear. I’ll give you a tour.


(DOTTY watches HARVEY take GABBY off stage)


DOTTY: What is he doing with her? I thought we had something special.
He acted like I mattered to him. Maybe he does that with all the women.
Or I’m just an idiot. A man is friendly and I take it the wrong way.
Why do I do this to myself? He’s way out of my league. I have no clue why
I even thought I had a chance. Imagine me dating some movie executive.
Not likely. Maybe I love too easily, that’s why they’re always breaking my heart,
because I’m too eager to give my love away to any man who smiles at me and
gives me attention. I’ve given so many pieces of my heart away that I’m not
sure there are any pieces left anymore.


(DOTTY exits. GABBY comes running out and is adjusting her clothing which
has been messed up. HARVEY pursues)


GABBY: Back off! I’m not interested. I’m not like those other girls. I don’t care who
you are or how important you think you are. Some girls might want to be your plaything,
hoping to get ahead, happy to be used by you and use you in return, but it’s not worth
it for me. That’s not how I want to succeed. That’s not success. That’s a mockery of success.
I can’t be a part of this. I’d rather have no job at all than work for you.


HARVEY: You’re making a huge mistake. No one works here unless I want them
to work here. Fight me and I’ll ruin you.


GABBY: You don’t have to ruin me. I don’t want anything to do with your studio.
And I plan to tell everyone the reason why. I know they’ll take your side and I know
they’ll think I’m lying, but there might be someone who thinks twice about working
here if I speak out against you. I might save some other woman from being your victim.


END OF SCENE


from the published play
“Blondes Prefer Gentlemen”
ISBN-13: 978-1985331877

Book:
Low cost PDF of full play:


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.