Monday, September 3, 2018

"The Rodeo Comes First" scene for 2 actresses from the play "Operation Redneck"

"Operation Redneck" is the story of three friends (Julie, Beth and Tina) who are roommates. Julie is dating a city boy named Jacob and he wants to visit her in the small town she lives in.  She is worried about him fitting in and everyone want to help Jacob by turning him into the ultimate redneck like Tina's boyfriend JJ.  
  
“The Rodeo Comes First” 
from the play "Operation Redneck"

JULIE: You haven't exactly had the most stable job history.

BETH: That's because I have my priorities. The rodeo comes first.

JULIE: When are you ever going to give up playing rodeo?

BETH: I'm not playing. I've made some serious money when I've won.

JULIE: And you haven't won in two years.

BETH: I'm planning a comeback. Meanwhile, I'm making decent money at the electronics store. Joe says he might make me assistant manager.

JULIE: If you sleep with him.

BETH: I'm considering it. Joe ain't that bad.

JULIE: Beth, you're way better than that. You're smart. You don't have to sink that low.

BETH: Smart huh? I haven't been called smart since high school. Sure, I got the same kind of grades you did back then, but my brain has been rotting away down here while yours was getting educated.

TINA: And those kicks to the head by them bulls at the rodeo haven't helped either.

JULIE: You could go back to school you know.

BETH: What for? All us girls do is get married and mooch off our husbands anyway. Why get educated?

TINA: Too true.

JULIE: I'm going to have to work on your attitudes. Maybe that's why I ended up back here. I'm meant to help give women a new outlook.

BETH: You can help by figuring out what I did to my bank account.

JULIE: So where is all your money going?

BETH: I think it's because I'm still paying off my car stereo.

JULIE: Your car doesn't even run. It's on cinder blocks.

BETH: I'm gradually paying to have it fixed up.

JULIE: And you started with the stereo?

BETH: That is vital to every car that is worth its salt.

JULIE: Unbelievable.

TINA: It is a nice stereo though.

BETH: You know it's good when you can't hear for an hour after using it.

END OF SCENE

****

“Operation Redneck” 
ISBN-13: 978-1540824349 https://amzn.to/2PW2ZbU
First Performed by 
Retroact Productions in a Midwest Tour during Summer, 2004 

Or buy a low cost PDF of the play at:
https://sellfy.com/p/e4LY/

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.