Saturday, July 14, 2018

THE BEACH serious dramatic scene for 3 actors (2 female and 1 male) from the play Blondes Prefer Gentlemen

THE BEACH


(GRETTA drags a gagged HARVEY on stage with his hands behind his back.


GRETTA: It’s so beautiful here. I love the beach. The ocean sounds always soothe me.
I must have watched the sun go down a million times. I love the way the sun dips on the
horizon and sets the ocean on fire. There’s something magical about that moment.
I feel like I’m catching a glimpse of heaven.


I used to believe in heaven before I met people like you. I believed people were good
and decent and just wanted to help each other. You wanted to help too much.
And you wanted too much in return.


You slayed the angel of my innocence. Shut her out. Made her ashamed of me and
I lost her protection.


You gave me a kingdom and made me a queen. They celebrated my name and we
feasted on your victims. We danced with the devil and delighted in his tunes, fanatics
for his fiddle.


But you grew tired of me and sought new victims for your fire. I fell from my throne
into the darkness. I so desperately want to see the light again. I want to catch a
glimpse of heaven. I want my innocence. Give me my innocence! Give me my soul!


(GABBY rushes toward them)


GABBY: Greta! What are you doing?


GRETTA: Oh, Harvey loves long walks on the beach. They’re so romantic.


GABBY: Don’t do whatever you’re thinking of doing, Gretta. It’s not worth it.


GRETTA: He ruined my life, Gabby. Now I want to ruin his.


GABBY: Please, Gretta. If you let him go now, I’m sure he’ll promise not to press charges.


(HARVEY nods in agreement)


GABBY: See, it’s not too late to turn back.


(HARVEY nods. GRETTA kicks him in the crotch and he falls to the ground)


GRETTA: Do you think he’ll press charges now?


GABBY: What happened to you, Gretta?


GRETTA: He happened to me.


GABBY: I used to look up to you.


GRETTA: Used to… past tense. Everything about me is past tense. Except for him.
He’s still very much in the present. But I don’t want him to have a future.


GABBY: You have to go now, Gretta. Walk away. No, actually you need to run away
and never come back. You have places you can hide. Hide and never come back.
I’ll take care of Harvey. Go!


(GRETTA kicks HARVEY one last time and then leaves. GABBY watches her go
and then goes to HARVEY. She lowers his gag)


HARVEY: Thank you. Thank you so much. I don’t know how to repay you for this.
I think she was going to kill me.


GABBY: That’s the easy way out. I think you should have to live and suffer for
what you’ve done.


HARVEY:  I’ll give you anything. Please just let me go.


GABBY: All I want is a confession…


HARVEY: A confession?


GABBY: And an apology.


HARVEY: I don’t know what you mean.


GABBY: Let me refresh your memory.


(GABBY gags him and kicks him in the crotch. He falls again)


GABBY: I’ll can do this all night. And I would be more than happy to do permanent
damage to your instrument of destruction.


(HARVEY has passed out. GABBY slaps him around a few times to see if he is faking.
He’s not. GABBY sits)


GABBY: It’s a beautiful night.


END OF PLAY

Copyright (c) 2018 by D. M. Larson


from the published play
“Blondes Prefer Gentlemen”
ISBN-13: 978-1985331877

Book:
Low cost PDF of full play:



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.