Saturday, December 6, 2014

"Dance with the Wind" monologue (art writing collaborative project 3 of 3) free solo stage play script

My wife made this really cool artwork for my birthday that can be viewed from three different directions. This inspired me to write three different monologues.  Each monologue goes with a different direction of the picture.  These three monologues are dedicated to her.

*****


"Dance with the Wind" by D. M. Larson

Others run from the storm... I embrace it. Everyone is sheltered in fear but I dance with it. I want to feel it's power.
Such strength... mighty and unforgiving... nothing can stand in it's way. Except me... I dare... I dare to dance with the wind... A dangerous dance... But I will survive. 

Despite your power, despite your might, tomorrow you'll be a memory... but I will still be here... To pick up the pieces.

While you bring destruction,  I bring comfort. I will help those you harm, those you leave behind in your destruction... Because I am better than you... and kinder than you. Despite all your power, I am still better, because I care, I help, I heal.

So give me one last dance, caress me with your winds, make me dizzy with delight, because I don't fear you any more.

END OF MONOLOGUE


***

from the published play

"Death of an Insurance Salesman" 

Buy a low cost PDF of "Death of an Insurance Salesman" from Sellfy.com




*****
View monologue 1 from this series: http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2014/12/if-i-let-myself-fall-free-monologue-art.html

View monologue 2 from this series: http://freedramaplays.blogspot.com/2014/12/angels-wings-monologue-art-writing.html


For more free monologues, go to http://www.freedrama.net/small1.html





Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.