Thursday, January 22, 2015

"The Sunday Gamble" free monologue for male - ironic comedy solo stage play script

"The Sunday Gamble" by D. M. Larson


Come on... Please. I'm begging you God. Give this to me and I will give you my all... I will dedicate myself to you. Scout's honor!

(Tries to figure out number of fingers for Scout salute)

I need this. I know I always pray that but this time I really do. I know it seems like I pray to you only when I really want something ... Or really worried about something. But that's what you're there for right? Like an exam in school or the flu. I know should talk to you when things are good. I know it's good to be thankful for good things too.  I just forget. Forgive me? Forgive and forget? You forgive I forget. Just a little prayer humor. Sorry about that.

So how about it God? I really need this. I have never wanted anything so much in my life.

Please help my team to win on Sunday. I have a lot riding on this one. And if you give me this, I promise to be at church every Sunday... except this one. But every single Sunday after this. How is that for a deal?


For permission to use this monologue, contact (please include the title in your request "The Sunday Gamble."


From the published play, "Death of an Insurance Salesman": 

For more free monologues, go to

For more free monologues for men, go to

For more free comedy monologues, go to

Inspired by the quote "1:7 - That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord" from my Book of James project.  Soon to be part of the play "Midnight of the Soul"

superbowl sunday  free monologue for male - ironic comedy solo stage play script

1 comment:

  1. I Identify with this character because i tend to make a lot of deals with God. I want more from him than I give him.
    If this character had a backstory it would be a older man at a saloon in 1902. He is feeling guilty because he is gambling on Sunday near a church and he can hear the congregation singing . He is moved by the singing and he is pulled between leaving the saloon and staying in the gambling match.