Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Mystery of the Gangster Ghost Part 14 scene "Kill This Woman" free murder mystery stage play script

MYSTERY OF THE GANGSTER GHOST

PART 14

ACT II SCENE 4 - THE CREEPY CORPSE OF CAL CAPONE

(Lights come up slightly on VERA entering a darkened club)

VERA

Where is everybody? The boss

wanted me to make sure everything

was A-okay, but there ain’t nothing

here period. Kind of fishy if you ask me.


(MAYA appears from behind her in the dark and hits her over

the head with a frying pan. VERA passes out and MAYA drags

her off - FLO can help if needed. After a moment, CAL

enters. If extra actors are available to play bodyguards,

CAL can tell them to "wait outside and make sure nobody

interrupts the festivities")


CAL

Hello? Where is my little muffin?

Is she ready for the big day?


(REMMY comes in sobbing wearing black)


REMMY

I... I... I’m ready.



CAL

Good. Hey, nice dress.


REMMY

Is that all you can say? This is

the worst day of my life and all

you can say is "nice dress."


CAL

Okay, uh... you’re hair looks good too.


REMMY

This is the worst day of my life.


CAL

Aw... you say the sweetest

things. Where is that priest?


(JAQUE and FLO enter)


REMMY

At least my friends are here.


JAQUE

We couldn’t skip out on you, Remmy.


FLO

We knew you could use some backup.


REMMY

You can say that again.


FLO

We knew you could...


CAL

Shut up! All of yous! I want this

to be over with as soon as possible.


(Everyone stands nervously in silence a moment)


JAQUE

Did you get a cake?


CAL

I said quiet!


(They are quiet again for a few moments)



FLO

What about a bouquet?


(CAL pulls out a gun)


CAL

I said shut up! Next person who

talks, gets it!


(PETE enters in disquise as the priest)


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Hello, my children.


(CAL points gun at him)


PETE (CONT.)

Sorry I’m late.


CAL

Oh, sorry, Father. Just a little

pre-wedding jitters.


PETE (AS PRIEST)

I understand, my son.


CAL

Let’s get this show on the road.


FLO

Yeah, the horror show.


CAL

What?


FLO

Nothing.


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Are we ready? Let us begin. Love

goes back to the beginning of time...


CAL

Just give us the short version.


PETE (AS PRIEST)

The short version?


CAL

You know, all the "I do’s" and such.




PETE (AS PRIEST)

Well, we must get a few things

straight first.


CAL

Straight? What do you mean?


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Do you love this woman?


CAL

You bet.


(CAL slaps her on the rear - or makes kissy lips)


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Do you love this man?


REMMY

I most certainly...


(CAL points his gun at her)


REMMY (CONT.)

Well...


CAL

Say it.


PETE (AS PRIEST)

I can not perform the ceremony

pointing a gun at the bride.


CAL

How about I point it at you instead?


PETE (AS PRIEST)

I suppose I could do it then.


CAL

Hurry it up. I ain’t got all night.


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Do you, Cal Capone...


(SADIE enters and her ghostly voice booms out)


SADIE

Cal Capone.



CAL

What was that?


JAQUE

What was what? 


FLO

I didn’t hear anything.


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Take this woman...


SADIE

Kill this woman...


CAL

Who is that? Who said that?


JAQUE

Are you okay, Cal?


CAL

I swore I heard someone say...


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Shall we continue?


CAL

The sooner we get out of here the better.


SADIE

Get out of here!


CAL

Hurry!


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Do you Cal Capone...


SADIE

Cal Capone.


CAL

You said that already.


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Take this woman...


SADIE

Kill this woman...



PETE (AS PRIEST)

Ruth Remmington.


SADIE

Sadie Smithington!


CAL

It’s her!


FLO

Who?


CAL

Sadie!


SADIE

Sadie!


CAL

She’s come back!


(SADIE approaches CAL. He can see her now. He backs away)


SADIE

I’ve come for you, Cal!

You must pay!


PETE (AS PRIEST)

Are you okay, my son?


CAL

Can’t you see her?!


FLO

We can’t see anything.


CAL

It’s her! Sadie! She’s come back

to haunt me.


JAQUE

You’re nuts, man.


(JAQUE and FLO exit)


SADIE

I’ve come to drive you nuts!


CAL

Please, no!



SADIE

I will be with you every day of

your life.


CAL

No! 


SADIE

I will never leave you. Like you

promised me. We’d never be

apart. But you betrayed me!


CAL

Please, Sadie. I’ll do anything you

say. Just leave me alone.


SADIE

You must never marry again!


CAL

I won’t. I won’t.


SADIE

You must never ruin a woman’s life

like you ruined mine.


CAL

Never again. Remmy, the wedding’s off!


REMMY

You mean it?


SADIE

Tell her you mean it!


CAL

I mean it!


SADIE

Promise her!


CAL

I promise!


SADIE

Why did you do it, Cal? Why did

you kill me.


CAL

I didn’t do it.



MAYA

Perhaps I can find the answer... to

who killed Sadie.


(MAYA goes in to a trance and wanders the room, stopping at

each person as she names them)


MAYA (CONT.)

There were six people in the

building the night John and Sadie

were murdered. Cal Capone, Vera...

Pete...


REMMY

Pete? Pete was there?


PETE

She’s right. I was.


MAYA

And Remmy, Flo and Jaque...


JAQUE

Maya... please... you know I

couldn’t do something like that.


MAYA

But you were there. I sense it.

Tell us what you saw that night, Sadie.



SADIE

I feel like John’s death was my

fault. I never should have tried to

make him jealous.

Someone killed John but drove him

mad first. I found a note someone

left for him. It said they had

information about me having an

affair. He met them here to

confront them and demand proof. I

decided to follow him and see who

it was. It was dark and difficult

to see. I have never been able to

see well in the dark. Before I

could see the person, they started

to argue and fight... I rushed in

and I saw someone in the shadows

strangling him. I found a knife and

attacked but I couldn’t see

anything so I was stabbing blindly.

They grabbed me and used my own

knife against me... and left me for dead.


Mystery of the Gangster Ghost scene "Kill This Woman" free murder mystery stage play script



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.