Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Mystery of the Gangster Ghost Part 13 scene "Jealousy Envy Love" free stage play script

MYSTERY OF THE GANGSTER GHOST

PART 13

ACT II SCENE 3 - JEALOUSY... ENVY... LOVE...

(MAYA enters. She still is dressed as a psychic but perhaps

is done up more attractively in order to get JAQUE’s

attention)


JAQUE

I’m so glad you came.


MAYA

I am here to help Remmy and Pete

deal with Cal Capone.


JAQUE

I really wanted to talk to you...


MAYA

We need to stay focused. We haven’t

much time.


JAQUE

I just need to talk... just for a minute.


MAYA

I must have complete silence in

order to commune with the spirits.


(SADIE shows up immediately)


SADIE

I’m here... let’s here what cutie

here has to say.


MAYA

Cutie?


JAQUE

What?


MAYA

Nothing.


SADIE

He is very cute. If I were alive

I’d snatch him right up.


MAYA

This is serious. We have a job to

do here.


JAQUE

I know, but... I don’t think I can wait.


SADIE

Don’t make sweetie wait. Look at

those puppy dog eyes. He’s hurting inside.


MAYA

I don’t care.


JAQUE

Look. I know I hurt you. But I

didn’t know there were feelings

there to hurt.


MAYA

Everyone has feelings, Jaque.


SADIE

You sure don’t act like it sometimes.


MAYA

What is that supposed to mean?


JAQUE

Uh... is someone else here, Maya?


MAYA

Yes, our ghost has arrived. Let’s

get to work.


SADIE

I’m not doing anything until you

listen to sweetie pie. I want to

know what he has to say. Maybe I

should knock him off and keep him

for myself?


MAYA

Don’t you dare.


JAQUE

What is she saying?


(SADIE whispers loudly in his ear)


SADIE

That you’re a cutie pie.


(JAQUE’s ear is tickled by this and he touches it with a chuckle)



MAYA

Fine. Hurry up and say your peace.

We have work to do but obviously

neither one of you will do anything

until we talk.


JAQUE

Thank you, Sadie.


(SADIE whispers in JAQUE’s other ear)


SADIE

You’re welcome, sweetums.


(JAQUE is tickled again)


MAYA

Stop that.


SADIE

You’re no fun.


JAQUE

So... Maya... I need to tell you

how sorry I am... sorry that I

didn’t believe you about Vera...

sorry I treated you the way I

did... but...


MAYA

There is always a but.


JAQUE

Well... I didn’t know you had

feelings for me.


MAYA

I guess I didn’t either. But when I

saw how evil Vera was and how

deeply she was getting her claws in

to you... something happened...

these feelings welled up inside me

that I’ve never had before.


SADIE

Jealousy... envy... love...


MAYA

Yeah...


JAQUE

You are the most amazing person

I’ve even know, Maya. I never

thought in a million years you’d be

interested in me.


MAYA

Why not?


JAQUE

You were like a celebrity to me. I

admired your work and was a fan...

when you took me on as an

assistant, I was thrilled to be

working with you. I nearly

worshiped you, but never considered

you’d have any feelings for me in

return.


SADIE

She doesn’t seem to have many

feelings at all.


MAYA

Stay out of this, Sadie.


SADIE

I’m just saying you hide your

feelings, Maya.


MAYA

Do I hide my feelings?


JAQUE

You’re all business, all the time.


MAYA

I guess you’re right. I was more

focused on my work... than anything.


JAQUE

Relationships were not on your mind.


MAYA

No.


JAQUE

Are they now?


SADIE

Yes!


(MAYA glares at SADIE)



SADIE (CONT.)

Sorry... buttoning my lips.


MAYA

I do care deeply for you, Jaque...

I enjoyed being with you more than

anyone before. We worked so well

together... it’s like you knew what

I needed before I did.


JAQUE

I guess I’m a little psychic too.


MAYA

It’s a nice feeling to have someone

at your side that doesn’t have to

be told everything.


JAQUE

So I’m a good work partner.


MAYA

You’re much more than that. You

were a wonderful friend too.


SADIE

Come on, Maya.


(MAYA glares at SADIE who buttons her lip again)


MAYA

But I started feeling so much more.


JAQUE

Me too. Especially when I knew I

hurt you.


MAYA

It did hurt... very badly that you

believed Vera over me. I couldn’t

believe you didn’t trust me after

all we’d been through together.


JAQUE

I’m so sorry, Maya. You’re right. I

treated you so poorly. I understand

why you are upset at me. But I had

to try and talk to you and tell

you... that I have feelings for you

too. Strong feelings. Feelings I

can’t ignore any more.


(SADIE gets excited)



SADIE

Kiss him, kiss him, kiss him!


(MAYA glares at SADIE)


MAYA

Tell you what... when this is all

over, let’s go something...

private... to talk. Just the two of us.


JAQUE

Sounds good.


MAYA

Can we get to work now, Sadie?


SADIE

Fine. What’s the plan to get, Cal Capone?


MAYA

Follow me.


(Lights fade to black as Maya leads Sadie and Jaque off)


Mystery of the Gangster Ghost Jealousy Envy Love free stage play script




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.