Thursday, May 19, 2016

"Brainwashed Freaks" environmental themed monologue

"Brainwashed Freaks"
by D. M. Larson
from the published play
Adapted monologue from page 56 of the play

WOLF
Listen to me! All the animals are in cages. They can't move around and go where they want to. They're condemned to stay in a little space, made up to look like their homeland. The animals are fed a lot and they act happy, but it's not natural. They seem like toys for Men's amusement. They're even trained to do tricks for them. It's humiliating. It is! They've become a bunch of brainwashed freaks!

(Gun shot off L)

Men! They're getting closer! I thought I lost them. Go on without me. I'll lead them away so you can escape. Don't argue. Better me than all of us. Now, go! Get going!

I'll say hello to the Great Spirit for you.

(Rushes off L) 

Come on, Men! Show me what you're made of! 

END OF MONOLOGUE

Buy a low cost PDF of the full play at Sellfy.com

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.