Thursday, October 6, 2016

"Teen Angel" Part 6 stage play script scene for teen actors "Heaven Needs More Angels"

"TEEN ANGEL" by D. M. Larson
  • ISBN-13: 978-1511481557

Part 6 - "HEAVEN NEEDS MORE ANGELS"

KATE 
Can I get you something? I assume that’s why you’re at the diner. 

PEGGY 
(Checks her pockets) 
Actually, I… uh… seem to have forgotten my money. 

DAVID 
I’ll get it. 
(They both turn and notice DAVID now) 
Give us two specials. 

KATE 
Coming right up. 
(KATE exits and shouts order) 
Two hunks of cow and make then oink. 

PEGGY 
Two hunks of cow and make them oink? 

DAVID 
Bacon burgers. I speak diner-esse. 

PEGGY 
I can’t believe I wasn’t given any money. Lucky you were here. 

DAVID 
I live to serve. 

PEGGY 
Something is bothering me. 

DAVID 
Rick? 

PEGGY 
Yes, and the whole thing with his girlfriend. Her name was Peggy, just like me. 

DAVID 
Amazing coincidence isn’t it? 

PEGGY 
I’m not sure it is. What if I was that girl? What if Rick was my boyfriend? 

DAVID 
It would make your task more challenging for sure. 

PEGGY 
Why can’t I remember anything? This is so frustrating. 

DAVID 
Relax. Your memories will return in time. I think they will definitely help in this situation. 

PEGGY 
But no one will recognize me will they? 

DAVID 
No, you look totally different to them. 
(Pauses) 
But you’re still very beautiful… 

PEGGY 
(Coyly) 
David? Are you flirting with me? Is that allowed? 

DAVID 
Probably not… so back to business. I can tell something else is on your mind… do share. 

PEGGY 
It doesn’t seem fair… 

DAVID 
What’s that? 

PEGGY 
Why did I die so young? 

DAVID 
I’m new at this too, but this is my understanding. People are taken for three reasons: either they have accomplished what they were made to do, or they are so bad that they can’t be fixed and they need to start over… or they simply need more angels. 

PEGGY 
I guess I fall into that last category, because I obviously didn’t accomplish what I needed to do. That’s why I’m here now. 
(Still distant) 

DAVID 
What else is on your mind? 

PEGGY 
If Rick was my boyfriend, then I must be here to help him. But instead I seem drawn to Kate. 

DAVID 
It does seem odd. 

PEGGY 
Then you think I’m barking up the wrong tree? 

DAVID 
(Gets up) 
Try talking to Rick. I think a guy who lost his girlfriend in a car accident needs you a lot more than some girl who is being picked on by bullies. 
(Tosses a $20 on the table) 
Keep the change. 
(He exits as KATE enters with food)


OR

BUY A LOW COST PDF AT
SELLFY.COM



OR


OR

Purchase the book from Amazon.com:




Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.