Saturday, December 17, 2016

Bad Air Texas Part 18 comedy scene "Soap Opera" free stage play script

Bad Air Texas Part 18

RICK
(Reenters L)
No constipated dictators in the bathroom.
(Sees women looking annoyed)
Everything okay?
CAMI
We’re fine. Just some girl talk.
EVA
This is bad. Now I’m getting worried. Daddy doesn’t usually disappear like this.
(Starts to get teary eyed)
RICK
Please don’t cry.
(Goes to her)
We’ll find your father, I promise.
EVA
(Hugs him)
Oh, thank you, Rick.
(Gives women an acid look over his shoulder)
At least someone cares.
RICK
(Takes her hands. Looks deeply into her eyes)
I do care, very much.
EVA
(Sniffles)
Thank you, Rick. You are so kind as to give comfort in my time of loss.
RICK
Come, I’ll make you some nice warm milk. That will calm you.
EVA
Or maybe some cocoa?
RICK
Yes, I think we have cocoa… I’ll go get it for you.
(Rushes off R)

EVA
(Looks at STACY and CAMI)
I was only pretending to cry. I’m very good, aren’t I?
(Smiles)
Rick is so cute.
STACY
(Getting a little jealous)
I hadn’t noticed.
EVA
At least one person is going to keep his job around here. You two could learn a lesson or two from him.
(She follows RICK R)
Coming Rick!
CAMI
Is it just me or do you feel like we’re in a soap opera?
STACY
I don’t want to talk about it.
CAMI
Now I know it’s a soap opera.
STACY
Can we change the subject please?
CAMI
So what do you want to talk about?
STACY
Maybe you can help me figure out what happened to Corbichovich?
CAMI
The man is a murderer. I have a hard time caring.
STACY
Don’t get all ethical on me please. We have a job to do here.
CAMI
You know what? I’m sick and tired of all this. I quit.
STACY
You can’t quit.
CAMI
Last time I checked this isn’t Craphvia. This is a free country. I can quit if I want to.
STACY
Fine, go ahead and quit. Rick and I have things under control. Who needs you?
CAMI
If you change your mind, I’ll be eating chocolate over there.
(Exits L)
RICK
(Enters R with cup)
I make Eva some cocoa and now she doesn’t even want it. Thirsty?
STACY
I’d love some. Thank you. Just looking at that snow outside makes me cold.
RICK
So what do we do now?
STACY
We have to figure out some way of finding Corbichovich.
RICK
We’ve checked all over the entire airport. I don’t know where else we can look.
STACY
Let’s assume he didn’t wander off into the snow.
RICK
Good assumption. He didn’t seem to like the snow much.
STACY
So that means someone had to take him hostage and hide him in the airport somewhere.
RICK
Okay, but who would do that?
STACY
Not counting the dozen or so strangers in the airport at this late hour, that leaves four suspects.
RICK
Four?
STACY
Eva, Cami, you and I. But I’m assuming you and I didn’t do it.
RICK
Why not us?
STACY
What would be our motivation?
RICK

You know that Corbichovich might fire you since you treated his daughter so badly.

STACY
But if Corbichovich disappears, Eva becomes the new Craphvian leader. She hates me more than him. I’d rather take my chances with the old dictator.
RICK
Good point.
STACY
Then there’s you. If you think about it, you have a motive too.
RICK
Not really.
STACY
Actually you do now that I think about it.
RICK
I do not.
STACY
If Eva becomes the new Craphvian leader, she could advance you more quickly through the ranks of AirCraphvia.
RICK
Okay, you’ve got a point. But I didn’t do it. Honest.
STACY
And neither did I.
RICK
Fine. What about our two other suspects? Cami doesn’t seem to have much of a motive.
STACY
Nor the brains to back her up.

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.