Saturday, December 17, 2016

Bad Air Texas Part 22 actor scene for two women actors

Bad Air Texas 
PART 22

ACT II Scene 2 (for two act play)
ACT III Scene 1 (for three act play)
(Same setting as ACT I, Scene 1)
RICK
What do we do now? We've searched everywhere. And security isn’t done looking over the tapes. I’m going crazy waiting for something to happen.
EVA
Maybe we should check out my father’s luggage for clues.
RICK
Good idea. I’ll go get them.
(RICK exits R)
EVA
He hops right to it, doesn’t he? He’d make a good servant.
STACY
Servant? That’s all you can see him doing? He was way more potential than that.
EVA
Hardly. He comes from a poor family. Farm workers! I can’t imagine anything worse than doing a job in the dirt.
STACY
Wait a minute. You act like you really have a thing for him.
EVA
Act. That’s all I’m doing.
STACY
So you don’t like, Rick?
EVA
I like him for what he can do for me right now. When he no longer can serve a function, I’ll move on.
STACY
I don’t know if I should boo or applaud.
EVA
(Smiles)
You understand then don’t you? Men serve a purpose, but hang around way too long after they’ve served that purpose. Navajo women have it right. I spent a lot of time on the reservation preparing for my last role in a tv movie. See I was playing this latino woman captured by Indians in the early 1800’s…
STACY
Is there a point to this story?
EVA
(Annoyed)
Yes, I’ll get to the point. See, the Navajo women own their homes, they are in charge of the family and when they are tired of the men, they put their belongings on the doorstep and send them on their way.
STACY
I think someone was pulling your leg. That can’t be real.
EVA
Who cares? I like the idea. Stories can speak the truth and later become reality.
STACY
I’m getting the impression that reality is not your strong point.
EVA
Many great leaders didn’t face reality. If Napoleon had faced the reality that he was too short, he never would have been a great leader. If Martin Luther King hadn’t had a dream…
STACY
You’re no Martin Luther King, Jr.
EVA
You’re missing my point.
STACY
I don’t need a point. I need a drink.


(Exits R as RICK enters with two suitcases)

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.