Thursday, April 27, 2017

"Me Again" 1 minute dramatic acting monologue for male or female actor

"ME AGAIN"
1 minute monologue
by D. M. Larson

Copyright (c) 2017 All Rights Reserved



***


I struggle to feel in control of my life. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one not in control. Everyone else seems to have a say in what I do, how I act, where I go, who I see... why I exist. I’m the one who needs to decide why… why I continue to follow the herd… why I don’t break away and go my own way.



One day, I’m going to say no. It’s getting harder and harder to say yes to everyone. I’m pushed and pulled in so many directions that one day I’m going to break. I’ll break into a million pieces and they’ll cast me aside as useless. I’m tossed to the beasts as scraps where they strip away every last bit of usefulness. Then, and only then, after there is nothing left of my past, nothing more they can take from me... maybe I’ll be able to be me again.

END OF MONOLOGUE


***


from the book
"Me in Pieces"

ISBN-13: 978-1981312054

Book:


PDF: 



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.