Tuesday, September 26, 2017

"A Gift from the Light" Part 1 sci fi script for two actors

“A GIFT FROM THE LIGHT”
by D. M. Larson

Sci Fi Script
with two speaking roles for men
(optional non-speaking female role)

Copyright (c) 2017


All Rights Reserved

For permission to use the script, email doug@freedrama.net


EXT. BATTLEFIELD. MORNING.


(A young soldier of the Moloch, ZEB, is surrounded by the sounds of weapon’s firing.  A fog surrounds him with a mix of clouds from the destruction on the battlefield.  He struggles with his damaged weapon, trying to get it to recharge as lasers zip past his head.  The red lights on the weapon finally turn from red to green meaning the gun is charged and ready. He aims, but it backfires and explodes in his face and he falls to the ground screaming)


EXT. BATTLEFIELD. AFTERNOON.


(A soldier from the Grot, MAC, sneaks through the battlefield, checking dead soldiers for valuables.  ZEB hears him and stirs.  MAC freezes)


ZEB
Is someone there?


(MAC is unsure what to do.  He looks around and sees a weapon.  He pulls it from a dead man’s hand and points it at ZEB)


ZEB (CONT.)
Please, I need help.  My gun… it backfired… I can’t see.


(MAC looks around and doesn’t see anyone else alive. He looks at the gun, points it, but can’t shoot)


MAC
I should put you out of your misery.


ZEB
It’s only my eyes… just my eyes…


MAC
Geez, you’re just a kid.


ZEB
My daddy’s a general… I wanted to fight with him… I wanted to make him proud.


MAC
Instead you shoot yourself in the face.


ZEB
It’s not funny.


MAC
It’s a little funny.


ZEB
You gonna help me or not?


(MAC looks at the weapon and considers. He raises it and shoots but it turns red and fails)


MAC
Well, I tried.


(MAC throws the weapon aside and starts to leave. ZEB reaches for him)


ZEB
Wait. Please. You can’t leave me here.


MAC
I think I can.


ZEB
Please, mister. I’ll do anything… my family’s rich.


(MAC pauses and considers)


MAC
So… what you want me to do?


ZEB
Get me to a medic.


MAC
They’ve all cleared out. Ain’t no medics around here. I could sure use a nurse though.


ZEB
A nurse, witch doctor... anything.


MAC
Ain’t no witch doctors around here either kid. Let’s see if you can get on your feet.


(MAC helps up ZEB. ZEB can stand)


MAC (CONT.)
Just the eyes, eh?


ZEB
That’s right.


MAC
No clue where your camp is… or mine.


ZEB
You from a different division?


MAC
Yup.


ZEB
There’s a town just south of here.  I have some cousins there.  They can help.


MAC
South eh?


ZEB
Something wrong.


MAC
Hang on…


(MAC lets go of ZEB and pulls off his jacket.  He grabs a jacket from a dead Moloch soldier and puts it on. He goes back to Zeb)


MAC (CONT.)
Ready?


ZEB
Thanks so much… I really appreciate this.  I’ll make this worth your while.


MAC
You better.


ZEB
So where you from?


MAC
Here and there. I haven't really settled anywhere.


ZEB
Maybe one of sisters could get you to settle down.


MAC
Geez kid. First you offer me your money and then your sisters?


ZEB
I have a lot of sisters.


(They laugh)


ZEB (cont.)
I'm the only son. The only boy after a lot of sisters. My father cares a lot about me. He’ll be very thankful you helped me.


MAC
That's what I'm counting on.


ZEB
I'm so thankful for you. You're a gift from the Light.


(MAC laughs)


MAC
I've never been called a gift before. The Light ain’t sent much good my way.


ZEB
The Light has been very good to me.


MAC
Like making you blind?


ZEB
And then letting me live. How many men lived through the battle? You, me… Who else?


MAC
A lot of dead… A lot of killing.


ZEB
I've never killed anyone. This was my first battle.


MAC
You darn near killed yourself.


ZEB
I'm not the hero my daddy hoped for.


MAC
The only heroes you hear about are the dead ones. I'd rather be alive.


ZEB
I need to rest.


MAC
Geez kid. We only took like ten steps.


ZEB
Please. My legs are shaking. I need water.


MAC
I got usquebaugh.


ZEB
Anything.


(ZEB drinks some and coughs)


MAC
You don’t drink much either. You're quite the dandy.


ZEB

If I don't make it, can you take my body to my family?

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.