Wednesday, October 4, 2017

"Flunkies" for 3 actors from a published play http://www.freedrama.net/small3.html free scripts

"FLUNKIES"
by D. M. Larson

Scene for 3 actors (1 male 2 female)

from the play
"The Ghosts of Detention"
ISBN-13: 978-1499111309




(BRITNEY is a snotty, stuck up girl who is yelling at HARM - a tough, no nonsense girl, and a nerdy boy named JIMMY)

BRITNEY
Speak for yourselves. I can't believe I'm stuck in this production with a bunch of detention flunkies.

HARM
How'd you like a detention sandwich?

BRITNEY
How crude.

HARM
I'm going to kill her.

(JIMMY grabs a big pitcher of water and manages to get between HARM and BRITNEY. JIMMY dumps all the water on BRITNEY)

JIMMY
Ooops.  Sorry about that Britney.

BRITNEY
You did that on purpose.  Now I have to do my makeup again. You... freaks!

(BRITNEY stomps out)

HARM
Thanks, Jimmy.  I would have killed her.

JIMMY
Just wanted to save the show from disaster... and you...

HARM
Why me?

JIMMY
I don't want you stuck in detention forever.

HARM
Why do you care?

JIMMY
I just do.

HARM
You doing it for me... or for yourself?

JIMMY
What do you mean?

HARM
If I killed Britney, maybe the show would be canceled tonight and the deal off from detention...

JIMMY
No... I was thinking more about... you.

HARM
You like me, don't you?

JIMMY
Yeah.

HARM
So why were you always pissing me off?  Touching me and stuff?

JIMMY
Because I liked you.

HARM
You have to work on how you show it.  Dunking Britney was good.

JIMMY
And giving the principal a wedgie.

HARM
You did that for me?

JIMMY
Uh huh.

HARM
That's kind of sweet.

JIMMY
Really?

HARM
Yeah, in a twisted sort of way... that's that way I like it... twisted.

JIMMY
Twisted.

HARM
I guess I'm glad you stopped me from killing Britney.  I don't really want to ruin everyone's chance to get out of detention. I could care less about myself, but the rest of you I care about helping.  I wouldn't want to disappoint all of you.  I've never really looked at it like that before... that what I do might hurt others. I look out for number one, maybe I need to help out number two once in awhile.

JIMMY
It feels good to be a part of something.

HARM
So what you going to do with yourself when you are done with this play and out of detention?

JIMMY
I was thinking of asking someone out on a date.

HARM
Who would that be?

JIMMY
Britney.

HARM
Really?  I think she'd say no.

JIMMY
You actually.

HARM
I kind of figured.

JIMMY
You like bowling. What to go bowling?

HARM
No way... how did you know I liked bowling?

JIMMY
And playing pool.

HARM
You little stalker.  You following me?

JIMMY
Uh... uh...

HARM
It's okay.

JIMMY
Really?

HARM
I've always wanted my own stalker. It's kind of cute.

(JIMMY blushes and can't speak)

HARM (CONT.)
Follow me, Jimmy.  Time to get ready for the show.

(JIMMY follows HARM happily off stage)

END OF SCENE

from
"The Ghosts of Detention"
ISBN-13: 978-1499111309





Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.