Monday, October 2, 2017

"I Won't Come Back" monologue for female solo scripts

I Won’t Come Back
by D. M. Larson


Leaving is never easy. But I can’t stay here any longer. Life is a disaster and sometimes you just have to walk away when nothing can fix it. The best thing to do is to go.


I think maybe I’m the problem and I caused a lot of this. I should have left things alone, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t turn my back on him. I had to take a chance and free him from that witch’s clutches. He deserves better. Not that I’m better… well, better than her, that’s for sure.


I guess, in the end, I did the right thing. I helped him see who she really was, what she was really like under that plastic exterior. I unmasked the creature and solved the mystery.


I hope he will be okay. I want to be with him, but that’s impossible now. I’m just as bad for him. I may not use him or manipulate him. I might even help him. I certainly care about him. But he’d be risking everything to be with me. I’m the other woman who ruined his relationship with society’s sweetheart. He’d become an outcast if he chose me.


As long as he doesn’t choose her. That’s all that matters in the end.


I have to keep telling myself that and maybe if I say enough times, I’ll believe it too.


END OF MONOLOGUE

from the book
"Me in Pieces"
ISBN-13: 978-1981312054
Book:
PDF: 
Copyright (c) 2017
All Rights Reserved

For permission to use this monologue, email doug@freedrama.net


Use Public Domain Comic Books to Inspire Your Writing http://comicbookplus.com/


Find more free monologues at:


Monologues for Men:


Monologues for Teens:


Comedy (Humorous) Monologues


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.