Sunday, October 1, 2017

"News Hound" high school scene for 2 female actors http://www.freedrama.net/small2.html free scripts

"News Hound"
by D. M. Larson

High School Scene for 2 Actresses

From “The Weird, Wild and Wonderful Days of School” 
ISBN-13: 978-1482739626

FANNY: [appears at door] Can I come in, Bula?

BULA: Why if it ain't Fanny Mae Alcott? How is my favorite reporter today?

FANNY: [Excited] Favorite reporter? Oooh. That sounds good.

BULA: Well, you've been quite the news hound lately.

FANNY: News hound. I like the sound of that too. The boys at school have always said I've been a dog.

BULA: [Raises an eyebrow] Well...uh, what you have for me today?

FANNY: Well, I was walkin' around looking for a story. I went out behind the boys locker room. I always go there hoping to... uh... talk with one of the boys. You know, interview 'em after the big game. And if they ever win a game, I'm gonna get the best darn interview. Losing don't make good news.

BULA: You got a point here, Fanny? I'm a busy lady.

FANNY: I do. See, I heard some of them boys talking in the locker room. They leave the window open cause it gets real hot in there. 

BULA: To the point, Fanny. A good reporter gets to the point.

FANNY: [Hands over a report] Anyway, I got this. Don't know if it's worth printin.'

BULA: This is good.

FANNY: You think so?

BULA: Top notch investigating.

FANNY: Gosh.

BULA: There's your dollar, darling. Enjoy.

FANNY: Wow. I feel just like Barbara Walters.

BULA: Keep it up and someday you just might be her.

FANNY: You really think so? I sure look up to her. Her and Jerry Springer.

BULA: They're the biggies.

FANNY: I'll see you tomorrow.

BULA: Keep 'em coming, Fanny Mae.

FANNY: I will. I'm headed over to the boys swimming hole. They got all kinds of interesting things going on over there.

BULA: This will do fine on the society page. [Sits at computer] Romance is a budding at the school. This week Jimmy Joe Johnson's heart is a palpitating for none other than Betty Sue Mall. Unfortunately he's feeling a bit shy and can't figure out a way to tell Betty he's got those special feelings for her. Don't you worry, though, Jimmy. She'll know all about it soon enough. Best wishes to both of you in this new found romance. Fanny Mae Alcott reporting.

END OF SCENE

For permission to use the scene, email doug@freedrama.net


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.