Sunday, October 1, 2017

WvP Witches vs Princesses ACT 1 SCENE 2 play for kids

Witches vs Princesses by D. M. Larson

Purchase a low cost PDF of this play at Sellfy.com

ACT 1 SCENE 2

(Carey POTTER is the next witch setting her trap)

POTTER
Welcome all of you to the Potter School of Wizardy Stuff.

DRAKO
Hey where's Potter?

POTTER
I am Potter.

DRAKO
No you're not.

POTTER
Yes that's me Carey Potter.

BELLA
That's false advertising.

POTTER
No it's not - it's the Potter school and my last name is Potter.

DRAKO
Let's go.

LUNA
Yeah.

POTTER
No wait - you want to meet Harry or you wanna learn magic?

(They look at each other)

BELLA
We wanna meet Harry.

POTTER
Wait. You can use magic to make Harry appear... or any other celebrity... (names some currently popular celebrities)

LUNA
That sounds cool.

DRAKO
Sign me up!

POTTER
Now here are your wands... (Stops DRAKO from waving it around) Careful those are loaded... (DRAKO is picking his nose with his wand) And no nose picking - you'll turn yourself into a toad or something.

LUNA
There's too many rules. This is no fun.

BELLA
What happens if I wave my wand like this?!

(DRAKO and LUNA freeze)

POTTER
That happens.

BELLA
This is fun.

(BELLA arranges them in silly poses)

POTTER
You done?

BELLA
Almost

(Does one last silly thing)

BELLA
Done.

POTTER
Wave your wand in reverse and unfreeze them.

(She does and she laughs)

DRAKO
What happened?

BELLA
Magic!

POTTER
You have a talent my dear.

BELLA
Why thank you.

DRAKO
Did you do real magic?

BELLA
I did.

LUNA
That is so cool. My turn.

(LUNA waves her wand around like crazy but nothing happens)

DRAKO
Maybe yours is broken.

POTTER
It takes patience and practice... Or incredible luck like her.

DRAKO
So how do we start?

POTTER
You get a penny and wave your wand like this and say "penny for your thoughts" and turn it in to gold.

DRAKO
Gold?!

LUNA
Sounds good to me.

POTTER
Go home. Get a penny and then bring me back some gold.

DRAKO
Couldn't we lie and say we did it and bring you some gold?

POTTER
That works for me.

BELLA
"Penny for your thoughts" It didn't work.

POTTER
You will need to practice on this one then.

BELLA
Pooh.

POTTER
Or you can try the phrase "the buck stops here."

LUNA
"The buck stops here" ...nope.

POTTER
Or "money money money".

DRAKO
"Money money money" Ah man - no luck.

POTTER
Keep practicing.

LUNA
Let's see you do it.

DRAKO
Yeah.

POTTER
It's never good to overuse a spell. And I have plenty of gold.

LUNA
I could never have enough gold.

BELLA
How much gold do you have?

POTTER
Lots... All thanks to this spell.

DRAKO
We have to keep practicing.

POTTER
And after you learn that one, I will teach you one that turns coal to diamonds.

LUNA
Really?! Tell me tell me tell me!

POTTER
Gold first, then diamonds - go home and practice - practice makes perfect you know - keep waving those wands and making magic!

(They go...)

POTTER
They have fallen right in to my trap...

(Evil laugh)

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.