Saturday, November 4, 2017

Between Good and Evil Scene 3 and 4 stage play script by D. M. Larson Scenes Protecto and Stung

Between Good and Evil 

SCENES 3 & 4

by D. M. Larson 

ISBN-13: 978-1502982308


or

Purchase a low cost PDF: https://sellfy.com/p/s3B1/


SCENE: "PROTECTO (KID HERO)"

PROTECTO
I've always dreamed of being a hero. I've tried everything to become super.  I let a spider bite me... no spider powers; just lots of itching.  I tried standing too close to the microwave oven hoping the radiation would change me.  Nothing.  And I got in trouble for making so many bags of popcorn.  But I took it all to school and had a popcorn party.  I was a hero that day. So I guess it kinda worked. 
I love being a hero.  I love helping people.  I love making them happy.  And I hate bad guys.  I hate creeps who hurt people. 
There's this kid at school... he is always hurting everyone.  I am sick of him hurting us.  I just need those super powers.  I need something that will make him stop.  

(Lost in thought)

PROTECTO (CONT.)
Maybe if I eat more of the school lunches.  They look radioactive.  If I get enough green hotdogs and brown ketchup in me... something is bound to happen. 

(Nods in approval)

PROTECTO (CONT.)
And I need a catch phrase like "gonna smoosh me a baddie"... and a cool costume... actually last time I was in the bathroom, I saw the perfect superhero name.  Protecto!  Instead of a telephone booth like superman, I could use a bathroom stall and those Protecto seat covers could be a cape... and make a toilet paper mask.  Nothing scares bad guys more than bathroom stuff.  

(Thinks then frowns)  

PROTECTO (CONT.)
Or maybe it will really make them want to give me a swirly.  I better rethink this.

END OF SCENE

***
SCENE: "STUNG"  

ALIEN
Being a hero isn't easy. We might want to help others but sometimes we are too weak and feel helpless at times.  But the spirit must remain strong if we are to achieve a greater good.

(June is wandering around looking at flowers)  

ALIEN (CONT.)
In life, even small acts of kindness can create a hero.  There doesn't need to be a meteor falling toward your planet for a hero to emerge.  

(June dances around happily and decides to take her shoes off and dance some more)

ALIEN (CONT.)
Even the smallest crisis can give us a chance to be a hero in the lives of others.  

(Alien exits)

(June screams!  She falls on the ground holding her foot.  She shakes her leg and screams some more)

JUNE
AH!

(Protecto runs out to see what's wrong)  

PROTECTO
What happened?

JUNE
I got stung by a bee... on the foot...

PROTECTO
Let me see.

(June flops down and holds up her foot)

PROTECTO (CONT.)
Okay, let me get the stinger out.  I hear if you can get it out without squeezing the little venom bag then it won't hurt as much.

JUNE
Ow! Ow! Ow! Get it out!

(June is shaking her foot)

PROTECTO
Hold still!

(June tries to stop struggling.  Protecto carefully gets it with one finger)

PROTECTO (CONT.)
There.

JUNE
Still hurts.

(She shakes her foot at him.  Protecto struggles and then holds her leg still again and looks)

PROTECTO
Looks like there is a bit of stinger in there still.

JUNE
Get it out!

PROTECTO
I'm going to need to tweezers or something.

JUNE
Get some tweezers!

PROTECTO
Okay, okay!

(Protecto runs off. *Various people can walk by and try to ignore June and make gestures and faces if desired*  Molly walks by and sees June on her back moaning and holding her foot in the air)

MOLLY
Uh... you okay?

JUNE
No...

MOLLY
Can I help?

JUNE
I don't know... 

MOLLY
Tell me what's wrong and I'll see what I can do?

JUNE
I got stung by a bee.

MOLLY
How did you get stung?

JUNE
I stopped to smell the roses.

MOLLY
What?

JUNE
You know how they tell you to stop and smell the roses?

MOLLY
They?

JUNE
Well, sometimes you hear that.

MOLLY
You do?

JUNE
Oh geez, never mind.

MOLLY
Do bee stings make people cranky?

JUNE
Yes!

MOLLY
Oh... so why were you barefoot?

JUNE
Because I wanted to be one with nature!  I love nature!  

(June starts ripping at the grass and flowers and throws them in the air)

JUNE (CONT.)
Weeee! Weee! Weee!  OW!

(June has hurt her hand now)

MOLLY
What happened?

JUNE
Nature gave me some more good loving!  Thorn. 

(June sucks on her thumb)

MOLLY
Nature doesn't love you back.

JUNE
What did I ever do to nature?  I try to be good.  I try to leave a small carbon footprint.  I have a hybrid car.  I use recycled toilet paper...

MOLLY
Recycled toilet paper... sorry, but that just sounds gross.

JUNE
It is just recycled paper... it wasn't used in a toilet before... well, I don't think so...

MOLLY
Now I don't feel so good.

JUNE
Don't like potty talk?

MOLLY
Not really.  Poop scares me.

JUNE
That's too bad because I think you stepped in some.

MOLLY
Uh!  Nature strikes again... see ya...

(Molly exits and drags her foot/shoe on the ground trying to get some poop off.  June sighs... a little old man, Don, shuffles out.  June ignores him.  Don pokes her with his walking stick/cane)  

JUNE
Hey!

DON
"Hey you!" back.  Get off my lawn.

JUNE
This your lawn?

DON
Yup... get off.

JUNE
But I can't walk... I'm injured...

(She holds her foot up to Don.  He gets out his glasses and looks at her foot closely.  He smells something bad and backs away)

DON
Wow, that's quite a stink.

JUNE
That's not my foot... some dog pooped on your lawn. 

DON
Dag-nabbit! Darn frickin' dogs!

JUNE
Such language in front of a lady.

DON
You're just a hippy.  Did you rip up my flowers?

JUNE
Um... 

DON
You hippies ain't got no respect for property!

JUNE
Look... don't get all worked up now...

(Don grabs his chest and falls on top of June)

JUNE (CONT.)
He got worked up.

(Protecto runs back in with tweezers)

PROTECTO
I got the...

(Protecto sees old man Don on top of June)

PROTECTO (CONT.)
Um... I'm not sure the tweezers can remove that...

JUNE
Get him off!

(Protecto picks up Don and struggles with him and ends up falling and having Don on top of him.  June looks and holds up her foot)

JUNE (CONT.)
Can you get the thorn out now... please?

(Molly crosses the stage dragging her foot)

MOLLY
Pooh!  Hate the smell of pooh!

(Lights fade to black)

END OF SCENE


or

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.