Saturday, November 4, 2017

Between Good and Evil Scene 8 stage play script by D. M. Larson scenes and monologues

Between Good and Evil 

Scene 8

by D. M. Larson 

ISBN-13: 978-1502982308




or

Purchase a low cost PDF: https://sellfy.com/p/s3B1/

***
SCENE: "Growing Up Is Hard To Do"

(Someone is under a bedroom sheet. He peeks out nervously. He is in pajamas. The sillier the print on the sheet and pajamas the better)

THAD
I feel so strange tonight, waking up in the full moon's light. Something had changed. I am not the same. I'm getting really hairy. More hairy than I thought a man could be. This is rather scary and ...and....my voice is changing toooooo.

(He howls and then slaps his hands over his mouth)

THAD (CONT.)
Was that a howl? And my hands... Look at my nails... did I forget to cut them or are they longer... And sharper than before?

(He struggles with the sheet.... He gets all wrapped up in a panic.  He claws and rips at it)

THAD (CONT.)
Claws! Actual claws!

(He finally gets free of the sheet)

THAD (CONT.)
Mirror? Where's a mirrorrrrrr!

(Big growl)

THAD (CONT.)
Was that a growl? From my stomach? What's there to eat? I could really use some meat.

(Holds his stomach)

THAD (CONT.)
Growing up is so hard to do...

(Reaches back And feels something bulging at his rear)

THAD (CONT.)
....especially when you're growing a tail toooooooo!

(He howls and holds his bottom and carefully scoots off stage)

END OF SCENE

***
SCENE: "A Werewolf in my Bed"
***

(Viv sees something under her bed)

VIV
Who's there?

THAD
It's me.

VIV
Thad?  What's going on?

THAD
You know how I said I was going through some changes?

VIV
Yes.

THAD
Well, it happened.

VIV
What?

THAD
I can't say.

VIV
It's ok... We are all going through a lot changes.. We're turning in to adults.

THAD
It's a little more complicated than that.

VIV
Look.. Whatever you are going through... I am here for you... I am willing to listen... I will never give up on you.

(He comes out... He is a werewolf. She screams and runs away.  He sits in bed sadly and starts nibbling on an itch on his arm. She eventually comes back in)

VIV
Sorry about that.

THAD
It's ok... I know I am a freak...

VIV
No no no... But what happened?

THAD
I am a werewolf.

VIV
A howl at the moon werewolf?  But shouldn't you be all crazy slobbery and growling? Do you want to bite me or something?

THAD
Yes, but not for the reason you might think.

VIV
Am I safe?

THAD
Yes... I can control myself... Well I can't control the hair... But the attitude... I just wanted you to know... In case something happened to me...

VIV
What?  What might happen?

THAD
Dog catcher... Rancher..... Monster hunter. All kinds of dangers.

VIV
There are monster hunters?

THAD
That's why there are not many monsters.

VIV
That's terrible.

THAD
Well... Monsters are called that for a reason.

VIV
But not you... You're a vegetarian!

THAD
That's not easy... I get cravings every full moon.

VIV
I am so sorry... I promise I won't eat meat around you ever again... That must be a terrible temptation... I shouldn't eat meat at all anymore in fact.

THAD
You're so sweet to me.

VIV
You mean so much to me.

(He is struggling)

THAD
I get so itchy.

VIV
Here, I can help.

(She scratches him and he starts thumping his foot)

THAD
Oh yeah. Thank you... That felt really good.

VIV
Your fur is kind of soft... I like how it smells too.

THAD
Really?

(She smells him again)

VIV
Yeah.

THAD
You're not scared anymore... This isn't too weird?

VIV
It is weird and scary but I want to see the best in this... I want to support you... We can get through this together.

THAD
It's something that will always be here... I will never get rid of it.

VIV
It's you and that's all that matters. And I have secrets too... I have baggage too...

THAD
That tops this?

VIV
This isn't a contest. The point is that we support each other no matter what life throws our way... Would you support me if I suddenly became a vampire?

THAD
Werewolves and vampires don't get along very well.

VIV
So you would just dump me?

THAD
No... Never... I would be here for you too... Vampire, zombie, mummy...  Any kind of creature there is inside you... I would still be here for you.

(Viv hugs him)

VIV
I knew you would... You wearing something?  You smell so good.

THAD
Much be a scent I am giving off. Probably means I like you.

VIV
You're not going to start marking your territory are you?

THAD
Hey!

VIV
Just kidding.

THAD
I would never do that to your room... Maybe outside your house... But never inside.

VIV
You marked outside my house?

THAD
Can we change the subject?

VIV
Okay...

(They are quiet)

VIV
So.. Why do you mark your territory?

THAD
Grrrr.

VIV
Am I your territory?

THAD
Maybe... That creep you out?

VIV
It's kind of romantic.

THAD
Really?

VIV
It makes me feel... Important... Special.

THAD
You are special.

VIV
Special? In what way?

THAD
Special in the best possible way... I knew you were great but I never thought you would be okay with this.

VIV
It won't be easy ... Did this start recently?

THAD
No... For a while... That's why I am never around during a full moon.

VIV
But why tell me now?  Please tell me it's because you want to get more serious.

THAD
I wish... I was worried I might even have to break up.

VIV
No! Why?

THAD
To keep you safe.

VIV
I know you wouldn't hurt me.

THAD
Not from me...

VIV
From other werewolves?

THAD
No, I made sure...

VIV
The marking?

(She smiles)

THAD
Can we drop that?

VIV
Fine... So what danger?

THAD
The underground is talking... It could just be a rumor.

VIV
Underground?

THAD
It's a system that keeps us hidden and safe... That's why you so rarely hear about monsters anymore. You get renegades like Bigfoot but overall it is pretty quiet.

VIV
But something happened?

THAD
There is a rumor of a monster hunter... Here in our town.

VIV
Hunter... Like he wants to catch you.

THAD
Worse.

VIV
We have to hide you... We have to keep you safe. Will we have to fight... I can fight.. I am a toughie.

THAD
No, I would never put you in danger.

VIV
That's up to me isn't it?  I am my own person... I can chose.

THAD
But you have no clue what you are choosing... I don't either... I have no clue what we are up against.

VIV
I know one thing.

THAD
What's that?

VIV
That I want to be with you... I never want to let you go... I never want to be without you.

THAD
Then we will face this together.

VIV
Beware all monster hunters... Hurt my Wolfie and prepare to feel my wraith...

THAD
Very scary.

VIV
Really?

THAD
I got shivers.

VIV
See. Iza toughie.

THAD
You have such big muscles too.

VIV
Iza strong.

(She does a pose)

THAD
And pretty.

VIV
Now now... You stop that.

THAD
No, you are very pretty.

VIV
You're full of baloney.

THAD
The prettiest girl in the whole world.

VIV
You're so full of baloney I could make a sandwich out of you.

THAD
Cute... You're very cute too.

VIV
Stop it.  No.  Toughie.

(Viv does her pose)

THAD
You're the best thing that has ever happened to me.

VIV
Me too.

(They look at each other... Wanting to kiss but not sure how. Gun shot is heard... They dive for cover)

VIV
What was that? Firecracker?  Car backfire?

THAD
I hope so.

END OF SCENE

***
SCENE: "Dreaming of Dragons"
***

Viv
What do you dream about? I dream about dragons.  All the time.  I know they're not real but I want them to be.  Sure, most girls dream of unicorns but I... I love dragons... And fire.

I want to ride my dreams in to the night sky and fly over the moon.

Dragons live in dreams.  But what if we could make our dreams real? I could fly away from here and never come back.  Leave a world of worries behind.

Does that mean the nightmares would be real too?  Maybe.  It's not worth it then.  My nightmares are pretty bad.

I'll keep the dragons in my dreams. I don't need any more nightmares in my life.

END OF SCENE



Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.