Saturday, November 4, 2017

Between Good and Evil Scene 7 stage play script by D. M. Larson Princess from Another Planet

Between Good and Evil 

Scene 7

by D. M. Larson 

ISBN-13: 978-1502982308




or

Purchase a low cost PDF: https://sellfy.com/p/s3B1/

***
SCENE: "Princess from Another Planet"

GENERAL - a battle hungry general who would rather shoot first and ask questions later
PRINCESS - a princess from another planet who seeks help from Earth
SOLDIER - a guy who is just following orders
SCIENTIST - a man with the key to helping the princess's planet
LILA - the girlfriend of the scientist who doesn't want the princess to take him away

(In darkness)
GENERAL
Fire!

(Bullets, bombs and explosions are heard.  Then silence a moment)

GENERAL (CONT.)
Retreat!

(Lights come up on an Alien Space Princess)

PRINCESS
Veeble brox not!

GENERAL
Send in the translator.

(A nerdy looking Scientist with a bunch of equipment enters. A soldier is along side him protecting him as he sets up his equipment)

PRINCESS
Noow wop not!

(Princess goes toward Scientist)

SOLDIER
You sure that thing is going to work?

SCIENTIST
There's one way to find out.

(Scientist turns on machine)

PRINCESS
Your puny weapons have no effect on me.

SOLDIER
It worked!

SCIENTIST
Can you understand me?

PRINCESS
I understand your words but not your actions.  Why did you attack me?  Why did you insist on destroying what you don't understand?

(Scientist turns to solider)

SCIENTIST
Why were you shooting at her?

SOLDIER
The general told us to.

SCIENTIST
"Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die."

SOLDIER
Huh?

SCIENTIST
Exactly.

(To Scientist)

PRINCESS
You seem different. Are you the wise warrior I seek?

SOLDIER
Warrior?

(He laughs and others can be heard laughing off stage.  Scientist gives them a dirty look)

PRINCESS
Silence!

(She touches her necklace with one hand and makes a motion with the other at soldier and he gets pushed back and falls)

GENERAL
Fire!

SCIENTIST
No! Wait! I'm right here you idiots!

(Princess touches her necklace with one hand and waves her other hand)

PRINCESS
Their weapons are useless now.

GENERAL
Retreat!

(Sound of soldiers, tanks, etc. are heard and then fade away)

SCIENTIST
You appear to be pretty powerful.  Why would you need our help?

PRINCESS
We may have power but we seek wisdom.  My quest has brought me here.  Are you the one?

SCIENTIST
I did graduate at the top of my class at Tech.

PRINCESS
Your Earth accolades are meaningless to me.  What is this about your neck?

SCIENTIST
It's just a space rock I found.  I follow shooting stars and collect meteorites.

PRINCESS
Oh follower of shooting stars. May I see your stone.

SCIENTIST
Uh... sure.

(He hands it to her)

PRINCESS
This is our message.  You found it.  You must be the chosen one. You have the knowledge we need to heal our planet.

SCIENTIST
Hey guys!  I'm the chosen one!

(Soldier laugh off stage)

SCIENTIST (CONT.)
I really hate those guys.

PRINCESS
Do you want me to destroy them?

SCIENTIST
Naw... not now.  Maybe later.

PRINCESS
Why do they mock you?

SCIENTIST
I am a nerd... a loser.

PRINCESS
But you are an inventor.  A creator of new things.  They only destroy.
SCIENTIST
That's kind of how it goes here.  We invent and they find a way to use it to destroy.

PRINCESS
We will not treat you so on my planet.  Will you join me?  Please come back to my planet and help us?

SCIENTIST
What happened to your planet?

PRINCESS
Our air has turned to poison.  We can no longer breath outside and must hide indoors.  The energy that once gave us light and power now destroys us.

SCIENTIST
Ever try wind or solar power?

PRINCESS
Whatever do you mean?  How can we use the wind and sun?

SCIENTIST
Wow, this will be easy.

PRINCESS
You will be a hero.  You will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams.

SCIENTIST
Seeing those soldier scattered was a pretty good reward.

PRINCESS
I can vaporize them too if you wish.

(She reaches for her necklace)

SCIENTIST
That's very nice of you, but it's not necessary.  I don't want to stoop to their level.

PRINCESS
You are wise.  I have chosen well.  Come with me and save my planet.

(Princess takes Scientist's arm affectionately and Scientist smiles shyly.  Nerdy woman, Lila, rushes on stage)

LILA
Wait, Peter.  Please don't go!

(Princess turns and stands between Scientist and Lila)

PRINCESS
What is the meaning of this?

LILA
That man there is my Peter... He's my boyfriend.

PRINCESS
He is mine now.  He has given himself to me.

(Lila looks very hurt)

LILA
Peter, is that true?

SCIENTIST
She needs my help.  Her planet is in trouble.

LILA
How long will you be gone?

PRINCESS
You may return in a decade or two.

LILA
What?!  10 years!

PRINCESS
Or twenty.  But I doubt he'll want to return.  We'll reward him handsomely and give him anything he wants.

(Princess goes behind Scientist and touches him lovingly.  Scientist looks pleased)

LILA
How could you do this to me, Peter?

SCIENTIST
Do what?

LILA
Leave me?

SCIENTIST
I'll be back.  Don't worry.

(But he's looking at the Princess all dreamy.  Lila grabs him and pulls him away)

LILA
Stay away from him.  You have him under some kind of spell don't you?

(Lila puts herself between Scientist and Princess)

PRINCESS
How dare you!  You will face my wrath!

(Before the Princess can touch her necklace, Lila jumps forward and grabs the necklace and yanks it off her neck)

PRINCESS (CONT.)
What have you done?!  You fool?

(Scientist shakes his head and is startled when he sees Princess)

SCIENTIST
She looks mad.

PRINCESS
Give those back to me!

LILA
I don't think so.

PRINCESS
You are putting yourselves in terrible danger.  Those jewels channel my power.  Without them, I will lose control.

LILA
I think you lost control long ago.  How dare you try and take my Peter away.

PRINCESS
Please, give them back to me.  If the power in those are released in your world, it will change you all...

LILA
I don't care.  I won't let you take Peter from me.  I'll risk everything to save him.

PRINCESS
You would risk your entire planet for one man.

LILA
Not any man... this man.  He's my world.  I don't need anything else but him.

SCIENTIST
Lila... that's the sweetest thing you ever said to me.

LILA
Quiet.  You're in trouble too mister.

PRINCESS
Please... help me, Peter.  You're my only hope.

LILA
What a drama queen.  Let's go, Peter.

(Peter seems torn)

LILA (CONT.)
I know I'm not perfect, but I do really love you.  She's just going to use you.  Chew you up, take what you have to offer and then spit you out.  You are just a tool to her.  A means to an end and then she'll cast you aside.  You know I'm not like that.  You know I love you for you and not what I can get out of you.  So... what do you chose?  A crazy, wild fling that will end in ruin or simple, true, honest love?

(Lila gives Scientist the jewels and Princess looks hopeful)

SCIENTIST
I chose you, Lila.

(Scientist throws down jewels and stomps on them.  Lila is happy and helps)

PRINCESS
No!  What have you done?!

(Lila and Scientist leave and Princess goes to the jewels)

PRINCESS (CONT.)
You have released their power on your world.  It will change everything as you know it.  It will give some of you powers and make others of you go mad.  Some of you will chose greatness and seek good with your new found power, but others of you will react with fear and anger and go down a path of evil.

(Soldier enters cautiously)

SOLDIER
Princess... you are under arrest.  Please come with me.

PRINCESS
But perhaps there is hope.  Perhaps there is a Phoenix that will rise from these ashes.  I will find a champion among you whose new found powers can be harnessed.

SOLDIER
Yeah, yeah.  Save it for someone who cares.  Let's go, Princess.

PRINCESS
I will have my champion destroy you first.

SOLDIER
General!  She's being mean to me!

(Exit and lights fade to black)


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.