Saturday, November 18, 2017

Follow the Brown Brick Road scene from Holka Polka Part 3

BRENDA
Wait, which way do I go?
                        (But she's alone. She sighs and sits)
Now what?

                        (SNORZ sneaks in looking nervous)

SNORZ
Hey, kid. I've got something for you.

BRENDA
What?

SNORZ
I've got a potion that will break any sleeping spell.

BRENDA
Great.

                        (SNORZ holds it out. BRENDA reaches but then he snatches it away)

SNORZ
Prepared to make a deal?

BRENDA
Can't witches do anything without getting anything out of it?

SNORZ
No.

BRENDA
Didn't think so.

SNORZ
You've got to promise me you'll get a piece of the Prince's hair.

BRENDA
His hair?

SNORZ
Or no potion.

BRENDA
Well, that seems harmless enough.

SNORZ
Promise and the potion is yours.

BRENDA
I promise.

(A dinging sound is hear. BRENDA looks around for it as SNORZ hands her the potion)

SNORZ
Very good. Thank you, my dear.

                        (SNORZ exits)

BRENDA
What was that strange dinging noise?

                        (HILDA enters with her sweet and sour meter)

HILDA
I'm afraid you lost .1% on that deal.

BRENDA
I did. But I didn't mean anything by it.

HILDA
But you promised to steal.

BRENDA
I did?
                        (Sighs and frowns)
Oh, right. I did. Darn you tricky wizards.
                        (Stomps her foot angrily. Another DING)

HILDA
Ouch, lost .05% on that one.

BRENDA
I'm sorry.

HILDA
Just be careful.
                        (Starts to go)

BRENDA
Wait. How do I get to the Prince's castle?

HILDA
You can fly, teleport.

BRENDA
Actually, I'd prefer to walk.

HILDA
Walk?

BRENDA
Well, broom power is creating all kinds of pollution in the skies!

HILDA
We wouldn't have the colorful sunsets without pollution, my dear.

BRENDA
And teleporting could scare someone. I wouldn't want to appear in people's gardens and scare them.

HILDA
No, I suppose you wouldn't.

BRENDA
So if you could point the way by foot.

HILDA
Fine, just follow the brown brick road.

BRENDA
Follow the brown brick road?

                        (A bunch of little GNOMES do a can-can as the enter singing)

GNOMES
"Follow the brown brick road. Follow the brown brick road. Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the brown brick road."

HILDA
Oh, quiet you crazy Gnomes. Get out of here.

                        (HILDA throws one of her shoes at them and they scramble off stage)

BRENDA
But they were so cute.

GNOMES (off)
Thanks!

HILDA
Watch out for them. They're pests.

                        (GNOMES rush in)

GNOMES
We know you are but what are we.

HILDA
Excuse my while I go turn some gnomes to stone and stick them in somebody's yard.

GNOMES
Eeek!

                        (GNOMES run off as HILDA chases them)

BRENDA
Poor little guys. They don't look like pests at all. Okay, now she told me the way. So I just need to...

                        (GNOMES rush in)

GNOMES
"Follow the brown brick road. Follow the brown brick road. Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the brown brick road."

(HILDA rushes in and GNOMES run off with her exiting behind. BRENDA starts skipping along)

BRENDA
Follow the brown brick road. Follow the brown brick road.

GNOMES (off)
"Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the brown brick road."

HILDA (off)
Stop that!

GO TO PART 4

or purchase the play

Book (ISBN-13: 978-1502445490)



OR

PURCHASE WORD DOC 
(you can edit and includes royalty)

or

BACK TO CAST OF CHARACTERS

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.