Friday, May 25, 2018

THE CURSE OF DESTRUCTO Part 2 superhero stage play script

(PROTECTO approaches them)


PROTECTO: Hey, Dogboy. This your team?


CATCHICK: Aren’t you a little young to be at a party like this?


PROTECTO: There is no age limit to being a hero. There is no sign saying
you must be this tall to have justice.


SMASH: Come on, kid. Go home. It’s past your bedtime. We’ll get someone to walk you home.


(MEZMERO, a Darth Vader looking badguy, and some other villains enter)


PROTECTO: I can take care of myself. I’m a real hero. I save people. I don’t need help.


SMASH: That’s a bad attitude, kid. Even heroes need help sometimes.
That’s why we have a team. You shouldn’t go it alone.


MEZMERO: Don’t listen to them, child. They have an ignorant view of the world.
Keep looking out for number one.


(MEZMERO walks past them)


CATCHICK: Who invited the villains?


(DESTRUCTO goes up to them)


DESTRUCTO: I did.


SMASH: What?


SHADE: Are you mad?


DESTRUCTO: Dogboy really wants to help me and I really believe someone here can help me.
The villains have been trying to recruit me too.  So I thought if you were all here tonight,
then that increases my chances of finding the right mentor to help me on my hero journey.


CATCHICK: But villains aren’t heroes.


DESTRUCTO: But aren’t they like the rest of you? They have something special about
them that makes them different. That makes them better than regular people.


SHADE: If you dance with the devil, then you’ll get burned.


DESTRUCTO: Are you saying the rest of you are angels?


CATCHICK: You argue like a villain.


(DESTRUCTO ignores her and walks away to greet villains)


DOGBOY: Look, if we are the better mentors, then he’ll take the path of good.


SHADE: We can’t leave this to chance. If he takes the path of evil, he could be a formidable enemy.


(More villains walk in as the JESTER and the PRINCESS OF HEARTS enter)


SMASH: How many villains did he invite?


CATCHICK: Not the Jester… AND the Princess of Hearts?


SMASH: Their jokes make me want to hit something.


JESTER: Knock knock.


PRINCESS: Who’s there?


JESTER: Life.


PRINCESS: Life who?


JESTER: Life of the party!


(PRINCESS laughs and that makes JESTER laugh and they go off to mingle)


SHADE: This is going to be a long night.


(PROTECTO enters with BLANKIE BOY and TANTRUM GIRL)


SMASH: Wait a minute. What’s going on here?


PROTECTO: This is my team.


BLANKIE: I’m Blankie Boy!


(Snaps DOGBOY with blanket)


DOGBOY: Hey!


PROTECTO: He can snap it.


(BLANKIE snaps DOGBOY again)


DOGBOY: Stop that.


(BLANKIE goes behind DOGBOY)


PROTECTO: And do an over the head sneak attack.


(BLANKIE throws blanket over DOGBOY’s head)


DOGBOY: Who turned out the lights?


PROTECTO: And that brings us to Tantrum girl.


(PROTECTO takes her lollipop)


TANTRUM: Give that back.


(PROTECTO points to DOGBOY)


PROTECTO: He took it.


TANTRUM: Give it back!


(TANTRUM attacks DOGBOY and he falls down)


PROTECTO: Look! I found your lolli!


(TANTRUM stops and gets her lollipop from PROTECTO and calms down)


SMASH: Quite a team you got there.


PROTECTO: See, we can hold our own. Point us to the pizza.


(SMASH points and they go. CATCHICK helps DOGBOY up)


CATCHICK: I take it you didn’t invite them to the party.


DOGBOY: No.


CATCHICK: I’m not sure if they’re heroes or villains.


DOGBOY: That seems to be the theme of the evening.

CATCHICK: I hope this doesn’t backfire on us.



Or buy a low cost PDF
of this play on Sellfy.com

superhero stage play script

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.