Friday, May 25, 2018

THE CURSE OF DESTRUCTO Part 5 superhero stage play script

JESTER: I know what villain can deal with you. The Exerciser!


(JESTER and PRINCESS giggle crazily as they exit)


SMASH: Oh, no. Not her. She’s the worst.


CATCHICK: We can’t let her in here. She makes me so tired.


DOGBOY: Everything makes you want to nap.


CATCHICK: True. Napping supercharges my powers though.


SMASH: What can we do?


SHADE: We must help Destructo gain control of his powers. He is the only one powerful
enough to stop the Exerciser. If he can defeat The Man and Mezmero, then he might
be able to stop the Exerciser too.


PROTECTO: I know who can help.


SMASH: I thought I told you to go home, kid.


PROTECTO: I am here to prove I can be a hero.


DOGBOY: Fine, then prove it.


PROTECTO: There is a member of our team that might be able to fix this, but it
past her bedtime so that’s why she isn’t here.


SHADE: So how will this help us now? We don’t have until morning.


PROTECTO: Maybe if Catchick comes with me. Her parents are big fans.
She might be able to convince them.


CATCHICK: Fans huh? Nice.


DOGBOY: Fine, fine. Go!


(PROTECTO and CATCHICK run out)


DESTRUCTO: I’m so sorry about all this. I wish I could get rid of these powers. They are a menace.


DOGBOY: But if we can help you gain control, then you might become the
mightiest of all the heroes. Imagine the good you might do.


SHADE: Or imagine the destruction. These powers might be too powerful for
any one person to handle.


DESTRUCTO: Shade is right. These powers are overwhelming. They consume me.
They make me do things… terrible things. I have to get rid of them.


(EXERCISER, a superhero in Jane Fonda type exercise outfit, enters)


EXERCISER: Did someone say they need to get rid of some unwanted powers?
I know how to shed those extra power pounds. With exercise!


SMASH: We’re too late.


SHADE: Stop her!


(They rush at EXERCISER, but she starts her exercise routine)


EXERCISE: And a 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.


(They all start exercising and copying her)


EXERCISE: That’s it. And a 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.


DESTRUCTO: Wait. She can take my powers?


SHADE: Only when she is doing this. It’s only temporary.


DESTRUCTO: Too bad.


DOGBOY: You can’t break free of this.


DESTRUCTO: Why should I? I’ll only hurt someone if I do.


SHADE: Trust me. This gets worse.


EXERCISER: Now, swing your arms.


(They swing their arms like her but punch each other)


SMASH: Ow! See!


EXERCISER: And swing your arms.


(They swing their other arms and punch)


DESTRUCTO: This is worse than what I do.


EXERCISER: And kick.


(They all kick each other)


DOGBOY: Please, Exerciser. No more.


EXERCISER: And kick.


(They all kick each other)


DESTRUCTO: Stop!


(DESTRUCTO stumbles and falls into EXERCISER and knocks her down.
She yells. Everyone stops and pants)


EXERCISER: I think you broke my leg!


SMASH: He is powerful.


DESTRUCTO: I’m so sorry.


(DESTRUCTO tries helping her but she pushes him away)


EXERCISER: Don’t touch me.


DOGBOY: You finally met your match, eh?


EXERCISER: I thought the Jester was joking, but I had to see for myself.
Someone powerful enough to defeat even the strongest heroes and villains.
Someone who will destroy us all.

DESTRUCTO: I don’t want to destroy anyone. I just want to be normal again.


Or buy a low cost PDF
of this play on Sellfy.com

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.