Sunday, June 3, 2018

Peanut Butter Flavored Tooth Paste scene duologue 2 actors bad commercial

PEANUT BUTTER FLAVORED TOOTHPASTE
By D. M. Larson


(Fart sound in darkness)


DIGBY: Did you hear that? It sounded like a fart when I squeezed the tube.
It’s coming out all brown and squishy - ew!  Anyone else grossed out by this?


(Lights comes up on DEBBY. DEBBY is facing the audience)


DEBBY: It’s such an honor to be auditioning for you. I love all your commercials,
like the one about Frank’s Flavored Dentures. Hilarious! I need a moment to warm up
before we get started. Mi, mi, mi. La, la, la. Okay, I’m ready as a bowl of spaghetti.
Here is my audition: “Peace’s peanut butter flavored toothpaste. Brush with our
better peanut buttery paste.” And here is version 2. I thought I’d rewrite it a bit.
I hope you don’t mind. “Peace’s peanut buttery paste is something you should taste.
Brush better with Peace’s peanut buttery toothpaste.” How’s that? Was that good?
You like it? Did I get the part? Please… I need this job. My rent is overdue and
I need this so badly.


(DIGBY enters and shows her off)


DIGBY: Time’s up. Let’s go.


DEBBY: Or I could be one of your writers… did you like my version better?


DIGBY: Come on.


DEBBY: Please!!!


(Lights fade to black as DIGBY struggles with DEBBY)

END OF SCENE

Buy a low cost PDF of this scene at


from the play
“Blondes Prefer Gentlemen”
ISBN-13: 978-1985331877

Book:

Low cost PDF of full play:


Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.