Thursday, June 7, 2018

YOU SLAYED THE ANGEL OF MY INNOCENCE dramatic monologue for female actress

“YOU SLAYED THE ANGEL OF MY INNOCENCE”
monologue for female


GRETTA
It’s so beautiful here. I love the beach.
The ocean sounds always soothe me.
I must have watched the sun go down a million times.
I love the way the sun dips on the horizon and sets
the ocean on fire. There’s something magical about
that moment. I feel like I’m catching a glimpse of heaven.

I used to believe in heaven before I met people like you.
I believed people were good and decent and just wanted
to help each other. You wanted to help too much.
And you wanted too much in return.

You slayed the angel of my innocence. Shut her out.
Made her ashamed of me and I lost her protection.

You gave me a kingdom and made me a queen.
They celebrated my name and we feasted on your victims.
We danced with the devil and delighted in his tunes,
fanatics for his fiddle.

But you grew tired of me and sought new victims for your fire.
I fell from my throne into the darkness. I so desperately want
to see the light again. I want to catch a glimpse of heaven.
I want my innocence. Give me my innocence!
Give me my soul!


END OF MONOLOGUE

from the published play
“Blondes Prefer Gentlemen”
ISBN-13: 978-1985331877

Book:
Low cost PDF of full play:

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.