Thursday, July 12, 2018

Animal Friend short monologue writing inspired by art


ANIMAL FRIEND
a short monologue

I talk to animals because they listen… they watch my every word with their curious eyes and twitch their little ears in anticipation of my next breath. They let me ramble and never judge. When I am sad, they comfort me with a cuddle, and when I am happy, they dance at my delight. No one else has the patience or the time. Deep down i must be an animal too. I belong in the trees, whispering with the wind, babbling with the brooks, dancing among the dandelions. I am a creature with fangs and fur and feathers. No human can comprehend my primitive musings… I am mysterious… misread… misunderstood… by everyone except you.


END OF MONOLOGUE

Copyright (c) 2018 by D. M. Larson

Art by @lalakachu

Follow her art on Instagram 

Animal Friend short monologue writing inspired by art

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.