Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Mermaid short monologue writing inspired by art


MERMAID
a short monologue

I hold an empty shell to my ear and listen to the whispers of the world above. I yearn to understand and know what they speak about, what do they dream, what do they feel? I wonder if they care like we do and love as much. So many fear them, but I want to know them, I wish to unlock their secrets. Their whispers speak to me without words, calling me, drawing me closer. I hope to gain their trust and unlock their mysteries. I will show everyone there is nothing to fear. I will make them our friends and bring our people together. When we show kindness, we see kindness. When we show respect, we see respect. When we show fear, we see fear, and hate, and anger… I trust you… and you will learn to trust me… come… come into the waters and hold my hand… and I will lead you into our hearts.

END OF MONOLOGUE

Copyright (c) 2018 by D. M. Larson

Inspired by the art of Kachumi - check out her art and follow her on Instagram @lalakachu 




If you use the monologue, please comment below and let us know how it went!

Copyright and Royalty

These scripts are published and protected by Copyright (c) 2001-2021.



When you purchase a PDF, you may make as many photocopies as needed (but please do NOT repost online in any way).



Purchasing a PDF of this script gives you the rights to use for:

Auditions

Classrooms

Workshops

Camps



If you use the script in a paid performance where admission is charged or in a competition, please pay the royalty:



https://sellfy.com/p/1MQC/



This royalty covers all performances that occur within one month’s time.



IMPORTANT: Please be sure to get permission from your competition for the script before performing it.